Friday, December 25, 2009

Happy Holidays! How can the same thing happen to the same guy twice?

Hey Hey Hey it's a Happy Holiday! Yeah, it's that time of the year where family gathers and gives each other Nintendo 64 boxes, aka the N64 Kid, aka .... clothes. Really though, I know that clothes is the #1 gift to give for Christmas, but why? Especially when it's summer clothes, why give such a gift during winter time? (most countries, yeah I come from Germany)

Anyways, per my usual tradition, I watch Die Hard 2: Die Harder this time of the year. I know, odd isn't it? There's a whole lot of other Christmas movies out there and I watch Die Hard 2? Hey, it's not the only movie I watch, it's just the one that has a funny story attached to it.

You see, back in 2006 AFN Europe aired Die Hard 2 on their AFN Movies channel. Since this is a tradition of mine, I decided to watch theirs. Oh yeah, how fun that was. AFN Movies being a channel even kids can access, their version of Die Hard 2 was heavily censored LOL (curse words, complete lack of blood, and most notably, the famous Icicle in the eye stabbing. Remember that? Unedited you see the icicle in the guys eye, but not in the AFN one lol) Sure, I've seen Die Hard 2 plenty of times on broadcast in the USA, but I went into this one thinking AFN at least kept it original (PG13 isn't the only rated movies they air)

After that I had to watch the DVD. No way was I going to sully the day with an edited version of a classic. XD

So yeah, Happy Holidays and here's my recommended movies for this day of the year:

Die Hard 1
Die Hard 2
Jingle all the way
Home Alone 1
Home Alone 2
Wonderful Life
Night at the Museum

Coming up next: The first ever Nintendo DS 4 Speaker mod, made by me!

No comments:

Post a Comment