Wednesday, January 12, 2011
Whoa, week Jan 2-8
My my, what a ridiculous week Jan 2-8 was. There was a lot of things this week, from real life down to anime. Let's get down to it.
- R.I.P. Marine Corps EFV. This was probably the most ridiculous news to cross my wires that hit me very hard. I have been following this program since its [publicly disclosed] revealing, and to see it cancelled like that hit me very hard. One of the things I never figured out, was that if these defense projects take more than 10 years to reach fruitition, it is dead obsolete from its inception. If you can't bring your weapon to war when you built it, don't even expect to win. Let it also be known that the STOVL JSF version has been pushed aside.
- CES 2011 has come and gone, and keeping with the news was a tough thing to do, but a little easier to handle since nothing of real interest came around.
- China's stealth technology demonstrator J-xx revealed to the world. A rather large aircraft, it leads me to wonder why SecDef Gates thought 2020 was a more plausible timeframe than 2010. In fact, what was this guy doing? Is Gates so hard up in defense spending that he didn't want to pay the extra data bandwidth just to visit chinese forums? This being the same guy who ordered mine resistant vehicles too late for Iraq, and the same guy who fired those knowledgeable about The 'stan when he is not the one on the ground there.
- On a lighter note, I finally got my HTC Touch Pro, very cheap (under $20), very much functional, and probably the final replacement for my Treo 750. But, not even that went well, as this country (the Philippines) has the most atrocious postal service (a corporation) in the world (at least the parts of the world I've been to), as this phone arrived in this country last year, but never delivered, prompting me to initiate a physical inquiry at the post office demanding some answers. You know it got bad when not even the super could find it, prompting a call to the delivery man who knew exactly where it was [perfectly hidden]. Explain that to me. (the guess was he was probably trying to have the 30 day package holding policy pass by so that he can have it for himself). I'm not even going to get into the treo replacement keyboard part I ordered last year as well, and yet to have.
- Postal issues aside, this week saw the retirements of my white LG KG800, and my HP iPAQ hx2415 (retired from frontline service). This Touch Pro will now handle all PDA related activities, as well as being the new platform for my drawing ability. Perhaps my Palm T|X will follow soon.
- Anime happenings go to my other blog.
- More 3DS bits came out, amusingly enough. Just when I decided not to post a post on the Animesuki forum about batteries still not advancing at the rate computers and smartphones do...
- On the question of my absence, I have been (ordered to) commiting to health rehabilitation, in a drive to better handle my body so that it won't go through those horrible illness' anymore. So that led me to only partake in a reading mode for my online activities. A lot to catch up to, huh. And my hand still hurts.
- Finally, the biggest piece of news to hit me hard, I know it is rather old news, but Stargate Universe has been canceled on the Syfy channel. Call me serious Sam, but it's not April, and I'm not laughing. Really, just when the story was getting good, we now have to live with a Season 2 episode 20 cliffhanger, with no word yet as to when that will be resolved. To say I'm disappointed, is an understatement. I am... only human XD
Posted from my Touch Pro via Blogger